Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thoughts on leaving . . .and coming Home!!!

For over two weeks I knew that I wanted to attend a friends' 'baby #4' shower with a few friends at a local restaurant. We are all excited about this new miracle joining our friend's family, so I asked my husband a long time ago to be home with Joseph so I could go. It was my first time away from Joseph in over 6 months. I was looking so forward to it. I was thinking this is going to be such a gift!
Well, when it came down to it, I was battling tears just thinking of leaving. I put him to sleep and was just so torn about what to do . . . wake him to take with me or go alone. When I realized how nervous, scared and sad I was to leave him, I realized with great clarity that I had to do it ALONE. I was near tears the whole way there. Then by the grace of God, I started to relax. I listened to the radio and actually heard the words. All the words to a song . . .for some reason that was a big deal to me at the time! And my homecoming was a huge celebration!!!


He would not let me out of his sight when I returned but the truth is that he did remarkably well and we both got things we needed. He got some super fun Daddy time and Mommy got some girl time!

4 comments:

  1. Leaving is usually tough, but the homecomings can be such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I can see why it's hard to leave such a sweet little face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good mommy! :)

    Happy Advent Season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I have a hard time leaving, too, but it is always good in the end, right?

    ReplyDelete