Monday, December 19, 2011

A Duckie Good Time

Joseph's 1st birthday party was smashing hit! It turned out to be so much fun (and exhausting) that I think it will be a wonderful memory for nearly everyone who graced our home with their presence. There were Rubber Duckies Galore and he adored each and every one on them. There were three rubber duckies on his cake in a small pond (made of pure sugar) that he helped to devous and it gave him a glorious 'blue glow'! Then nearly everyone added a duck to their gift or had gifts for him that included ducks that he was just estatic!
Our gift to him was the balloons! He loved, loved, loved the balloons. He was in the van with the guys when I came our of the party store and when he saw me he just went "ahhhhhhhh" with the BIGGEST smiles on his face. That could easily be my favorite expression of his from the day ;)
All of our family and friends that were able to come enjoyed themselves and if you can imagine, we had 26 people here in our very tiny home. 26!!! I still cannot believe that and they all got along so well and just cut up and laughed at all the kiddos!
The day just felt very normal for me, but in all honesty, it felt as though I were living in one of my very best dream. The night before his party, I cried and cried and just told God "Your ways and dreams for me are just so much better than I could have EVER come up with on my own. I have the very best husband in the world and his faith led us to our miracle boy! Praise the Lord!
It took us awhile (ok, just me) to recover from that kind of party. I can see why people would rather rent a place or go to a restaurant, it was nuts trying to just get the house clean. I know, my house should be clean enough for guests all the time, but the with a husband, two teenage boys, and a very active, cabinet destroying 1 year old our home's main living areas are not even clean enough to me! Case in point, when I put the toys away before the party, he dumped them 12 times before he realized no matter what would do they were staying in the basket!!
The pictures are not in order, but this one I love! He was reaching out to his Momo Peggy!
A close-up of the cute homemade cake! No, I did not make it but it was yummy!! Opening presents, he was thrilled with this one!
A picture with Mom & Dad! Be still my beating heart, we have a one year old!
Decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment