Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dear Joseph

Dear Joseph,

I am trying to send you a quick message to let you know how much I am loving this new stage you are in as you talk so much more, show your imagination, and move around to explore your world.

I am also a HUGE fan of our snuggle sessions and moments of pure laughter as we giggle over the littlest things. I love to dance and sing for you as I prepare your breakfast in the morning while you sit in your highchair waiting patiently for me. To be honest, that is the only time you are really patient in waiting for food!

Lately you are loving blueberry pancakes and yogurt for breakfast. I know, not the breakfast of champions but all the other favorites were making your tummy miserable. You adore bananas but they make your cheeks super red and give you lots of air in your tummy.

Your first birthday is only two days away and Mommy still cannot believe how lucky she is to be your Mommy! You have made me grow in ways and have taught me to love in such a new way. My heart finds such joy in you and I thank God everyday for the gift of your presence in our life and family.

Your most special things to talk about these days are "Dada", "Momm", and "aducka, aducka, aducka" and you often say "quack, quack". Twice while we are driving to town, I say from the front "a duck says. . .. " and you say "quack, quack" It makes me giddy to see you learn!

You are now cutting tooth number 5 & 6 and they are causing all kinds of ruckus in your mouth but this will only mean you can start to eat more foods soon! You are sleeping better for us and still taking great naps.

Baby, you are a light for us and we pray to always encourage your light to shine and we lead you to love and glorify the the source of all light, our most blessed Jesus whose birthday we are preparing to celebrate!

Speaking of Christmas, it has been fun to watch you help re-decorate the tree and enjoy the lights! We love spending our days with you! Our nights, too!

Love all-ways,

Mommy

1 comment: