Friday, October 7, 2011

Quick takes: Update on our little life

1. This week has been busy and at the same time it seems that I cannot get a handle on the things I need to accomplish. We had very simple dinners this week and there were no big homework battles with Mitchell and Matthew, and Joseph has been sleeping better. I just cannot get my energy up or have Joseph distracted for more than 10 minutes to allow me to accomplish much housework. He finds his comfort in me and leaving him in the living room to play with his toys is not ideal to him while I throw a load of laundry in the machine or prepare dinner :) He is growing so fast and in the end, I will be thankful for the great bond we share right now.

2. We had planned all week to have a little surprise party for Mitchell this evening, where we invite his mom over to celebrate. It was supposed to be a great day, but with just 20 minutes left in the school day he managed to do something incredible unacceptable and is now in deep trouble. We laid out the punishment and a few hours later, we still resumed with the party and the sad thing is he nearly cried seeing the balloons I got and the little cookie cake his mom brought. It took him so long to blow out the candles. I cannot remember when she was able to celebrate their birthday like that. She acknowledged that she never got them balloons because she was afraid of them popping and the noise they would make. The gift we got him was a hit and he immediately put it on after he opened it. It is so sad, the whole situation. The fact that they steal away their fun times by making poor choices is dreadful. In the end, we still celebrated his life, the fact that he is a gift. He has so much to offer the world through the talents God has bestowed on him and somehow, God will remove those layers of hurt and restore the purity that he planned for his soul before it was snatched and thrown to the wolves by the people who were supposed to protect him the most.

3. Joseph is getting so big and today we played for a long time on the porch and in the yard. I let him crawl around on the grass and he was so happy! This was the highlight of my day, God help me to protect his purity, his holiness, his gift to mankind.

4. Academically, both big boys are leaps and bounds ahead of where they would have been if they were still in the care of their mother. It makes me weary, but I keep thinking that somehow it will all sink in. Somehow, some way, some day!


5. I have been a hormonal mess these days. Ok, that is all I am going to say about that.

6. I am really missing my female friends, I am outnumbered at home.

7. No matter what stage of life you are in, growth is still painful but necessary.

1 comment:

  1. So much going on right now! It sounds like a lot of really good things, but hard ones. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete