Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not about me!

Yesterday I was writing a post in the afternoon about Joseph's great sleeping these days and was interrupted by him waking up quickly after I just put him down. I knew I should not have even thought about writing that because it seemed like we reverted back to newborn days. Since he woke up from that nap, he has not slept very well or for long periods. My husband was going out of town today to fish with his brother, but because he felt so bad for leaving me all alone again he did as much as he could during the night and rocked him back to sleep each time until he left at 4am. He is sleeping now, so I am going to hop back in bed. I love him so much, I am blown away at how big he is getting, but have been wondering why my energy just won't return lately. I thing my hormones are still nuts. In other news, I am trying to not be so self-centered in regard to my mom anymore. I am just trying to understand that what she offers in our relationship is her best. I need to accept that and be thankful (somehow) for it. It hurts my feelings a bit because of the choices she makes but she is who she is and she does have some amazing qualities and I will focus on those right now. We are different. We each came to motherhood by different roads and while the vocation is the same, we see things differently. Note to prayer buddy: My husband has been able to return to work and he is feeling better and our family is making it - God is in control of all of our days. I am hoping that Joseph's disjointed sleep pattern is not related to a possible ear infection but related to starting teething. I am completely paranoid about ear infections and try really hard to just be objective about it. Ear infections seem to plague the children in my husband's family and one our our nephews just got his 4th set of tubes. Hope you all have a happy and relaxing Saturday. I feel so disconnected from everyone lately and need to make a better effort to stay connected to the world but it seems so much easier to stay home most of the time to keep his nap schedule on time. We live so far from town that a little trip to get groceries, etc turns into a long trip. My husband mentioned moving the other day and while that has been a dream for me to live closer to friends and family, I have gotten quite happy in my small town. There are some shortcomings, yes, but I feel safe here and it is about one of the best schools in our district so I am not really ready to leave just yet. Gas prices were a reason he mentioned this, so we shall see what the future holds for us. Sorry for the lack of comments lately. I read the blogs on google reader and fail to actually click on each blog to make a comment. You are all in my prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to read your update!

    I also needed to getbto the point where I can takebwhat my mom has to give with pining (too much!) for more...I only took me to about age 40, LOL!

    Carla
    www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com(also LivingfortheLord)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me rethink my attitude toward my MIL. I've been trying to readjust it to appreciate the positives she brings rather than focusing on her imperfections. We all have imperfections. She tries her best, and that's what I need to always keep in mind. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really worried about tubes, but Charlie needed them and once we did it I wished we had done it sooner. All those sleepless nights and abx that wrecked his little tummy. He was under for less than five minutes and we had the best surgeon in the city. Try not to fret too much about them. I know AJ went through two growth spurts that nearly killed me and also his reflux meds had to be upped, but all is better now. Everything passes so quickly-the good and the bad. Happy things are better with J.

    ReplyDelete