Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

The season to celebrate new life!

Our lives have been so full of joy and light and happiness.

It seems we have been living out our Easter for the last year. I will admit, it was terribly difficult to experience the 'suffering' of lent this year. I never felt like I was in the desert, but for many years before that, the desert experience seemed never ending. Our Easter has arrived and now we can share our faith, our reaching for light in darkness, our faith that God makes all things new, our joy at Jesus' resurrection and triumph over death and darkness with a new soul - our sweet Joseph.

I often find myself wondering how I will share my faith in Christ in a way that Joseph will yearn for a relationship with him as well and I am realizing that there will be moments that will be hard, but there will always be immense joy in reminding him that he is loved by his creator so much that God allowed his Son to suffer, die, and then rise for HIM.

My heart is filled with joy! Last Easter I was in the first few days carrying sweet Joseph and he was just getting snuggled in my womb. A womb that seemed hostile before was transformed to a safe haven for our miracle son. Praise God. This Easter we celebrate God and Jesus and all of their amazing gifts being poured out in our lives.

Please check out the sidebar for an Easter picture of our sweet Joseph!

1 comment:

  1. Happy First Easter with Joseph! (Well first one where you can look into his pretty eyes at least!) So happy for you. You've survived! He looks HUGE, very healthy and very, very loved!

    ReplyDelete