Wednesday, October 20, 2010

stressed, updated

I quickly went from relaxed, but sick to HIGHLY STRESSED!

I am still battling this terrible cold or whatever the heck it is that has tried to make me not rest or feel ok since last friday. So after a full day of work, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. I barely made it home in the rain from the seething pain on the left side of my head, dealing with a cough and unable to breathe clearly through my nose. I made it home and then called my husband I called my husband to pick me up some Contac. This was on my doctor's list of approved meds and I remembered that Dr. H has previously said it was ok during the 2ww.

I thought it was safe. I took one pill and then looked it up on online when my symptoms eased and read that Contac Cold/Flu is NOT APPROVED, especially in the last trimester. I was pacing the house after I read this and some not so christian words were escaping my mouth in fear.

I do believe that one pill will not cause the adverse side effect I read about at we.bm.d. My husband is now stressed and feels horrible.

God, I know you are in control of everything, please don't let my silly choices mess up your plans.

_________
Update:

I tried to relax. I did only take one of the pills (1/2 of the dosage) and it only has 2 mg of the antihistimine (the big no-no in the 3rd trimester - who knew?) in the whole pill. The majority of the medication in that pill was a fever reducer ingredient like tylenol. I am trusting that God would rather me relax than stress over things I can't control at this point. At least I have the day off to rest and get better, hopefully! Thanks for your prayers, did not mean to sound off a flare :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh C! I feel so bad for you! I know you must be stressing terribly. But, and obviously I'm no expert here, I am sure you and baby J are fine. Taking something one time doesn't seem like it could affect anything. I bet those warnings are so you don't take it on a regular basis. For example, I know my doctor said there was stuff I could take for my side pain if we thought it'd be a one-time thing, but the fact that I'd need it continuously made her rule it out. Know what I mean? One pill should be okay. But still, I will say some extra prayers for the both of you, that your mind can be put at ease and that J can be protected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were you, I would give my doctor a call -- and be reassured -- whether than worrying about it. Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about calling the doctor and anything else that can make you relax. Stress is not your friend, and you can't do anything about it now but choose to trust and move forward. I also highly doubt that that small of an amt would do anything, but we all know our faith in God can move mountains so just trust in Him and His ability to make all things right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, call the doctor and just reassure yourself. I am sure you and J are fine! I had a similar situation with a medication that was given to me in the ER when I was 18 weeks pregnant with a baby. I found out later that this medicine they gave me was a "class C" drug (I think I have that right? It means almost never are you to give it to a pregnant woman). I was so mad!! I was saying horrible words, too. So upset!! Turns out the baby is absolutely fine (12 years old now).

    I will pray for your peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry that the medication thing caused you so much stress. I'm sure J will be fine, and your husband doesn't need to stress. Like AYWH said, it's probably more of a thing if you were to take the full dose and take it multiple times. Have you tried a NetiPot or other sinus rinse to clear out all the yucky gunk?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh C, I'm praying for you and Little Bit. Definitely call the doctor to put your mind at ease. I'm sure that it's okay. You probably know this already but, Vitamin C is a natural antihistamine when taken to bowel tolerance. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I just read this, but I will send up some prayers for you and little J tonight! Stress be gone! ;)

    ReplyDelete