Monday, October 18, 2010

Joseph is growing!

I knew he was growing alot because it seemed I was growing at a rapid pace all of the sudden.

I have gained about 5 lbs in the last two weeks and have suddenly starting showing, praise God. I have been able to stay at my prepregnancy weight for the first 28 weeks for which I was very grateful because I was already overweight. I stopped the t3 about 3 weeks ago and I think this has changed quite a bit for me, including my growing belly and increasing weight which is normal at this time. We have about 8 weeks to go, I can't hardly beleive it.

I saw the perinatalogist today and Joseph is growing well and a busy boy, thank goodness. He is weighing about 4lbs 6oz - amazing!!! I am so very grateful. I looked like a mess at the appointment because I am still miserable from this cold/sinus infection crud. The doctor told me some specific things to take for it and I have one dose in me and plan to go take a nap soon. My poor husband could not sleep last night, because all I could do was toss and turn. The night was not restful again so I took the day off to not expose anyone else to this dreadful cold.

It most likely has nothing to do with the flu shot, I probably already had a cold brewing inside my poor body but hopefully this will be the end of any illness until after Joseph is born (and for a long time after that - it would be tough to nurse him like this).

One last thought, there were not u/s pictures given to me, but he looked so beautiful! I got to see his long spine, growing head, itty bitty thighs :) Amazing!! His heart beating always brings me to adoration of God's handiwork! His heartbeat was 149 bpm and the most glorious sound in all the world. He is also head up (breech) which is the first time he has been seen in that positon. No wonder all the movements feel so different. His head is in my the top right of my belly which is where I thought it was lately, you can feel it so clearly!

Grow, baby, grow!! We love you so!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad Joseph is doing well. I'm sorry to hear that you are sick and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that he's such a champ at growing! I really hope that you feel better soon. I got my flu shot and (knock on wood) have only felt a little more lethargic. I was worried after reading your last posts. :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I have been SO SICK too! ARGH! For an entire week...normally I would've taken a gazillion sinus meds. and pretended that I was fine. On the weight thing...I was laughing at myself today. I keep asking people if they've lost weight and they say "no." And then I realized that because I'm getting bigger, I feel like everyone else is shrinking! HA! I crack myself up! Grow Joseph, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog today- I have been reading your blog for some time on occasion but have never commented.

    I hope you feel better soon. God bless that beautiful baby growing inside of you. You must be so excited to be showing. Pregnant women are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete