Saturday, October 9, 2010

Random updates w/ update :)

There is probably not a lot of good thought flow, but I just wanted to jot down some thoughts from the last few days.

Every single day is better than the last, praise God.

I am so excited to say that I have been feeling well and very peaceful about things. It is such a joy when people ask me how I am feeling and I can honestly tell them "That I feel great!" The only thing that was a bit questionable was sleeping, but I think that comes with the territory.

I got some news on Friday that my progesterone from Tuesday's draw was 71.1 and that all I really need to do now is the PIO shots 2xwk. I was on both the oral meds and the v.s. of progesterone. I really am a bit nervous about d/c the oral and v.s. ones and am wanting to self-medicate since it is right there. I don't want to overmedicate Joseph with progesterone, though. At the end of September, I was able to stop taking the T3, I was nervous about that, too, but all is working out.

Today was great. I stayed home almost all day, only ventured out to get a BLIZZARD! Why are they so addicting? I had one last Saturday and one this Saturday. The funniest thing is that my blood sugar levels are just what they want. I make decent choices (not including the blizzard, but once a week should not cause harm??) and it is managable so far. I love that I learned how to make it work. I also have a huge, growing motivator!

We did some things in the nursery today and the only things in there are for the baby. Imagine that!!! It is finally cleared of things not related to needs for the baby.

We are working on trying to get Baylie used to baby smells and noises. She has been my baby for the last year. I understand that I need to get a recording of a crying baby and play it a bit day by day and slowly raise the volume to get her used to it. Daisy has been around babies and is more relaxed and will go to her happy place (under our bed) when she needs her own space, so we are not so worried about her. Baylie is always friendly with toddlers, but we are not sure about how she will respond to Joseph in the first few weeks. I also got a baby doll (one from the toybox) and swaddled it after putting some baby powder on the blanket to see how she would respond. The doll plays a lullaby, but she was a bit beside herself at first, we shall see.

Today I took two small naps! TWO! Will I sleep tonight, I hope so! It could easily be about two months until Joseph's arrival, I can barely believe it! It is starting to seem more real every day. I find myself so hopeful these days.

Speaking of hope, I made an appointment to meet with the pediatrician we are choosing for baby Joseph. It will be next week. I am a bit nervous because I want to make sure I make the most of the visit and ask all the questions I want. This meeting is strictly to set my mind at ease that we are choosing the right doctor for him. I could really use some help coming up with a list of questions, please feel free to share some of your wisdom with me ;)

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow and it will be the first shower I will be able to go to pregnant and I still feel a bit weird about it. I just have to keep trusting God!

______________________

I don't know what I was thinking! I did get to go to one of the best showers for my dear friend Stacey when I was pregnant in August. It was just different - not weird at all! You see, we both had similar jouneys and tears of joy were evident as I watched her being showered in love for her new baby!! Not to mention the glowing father :) It was a dreamy shower!

9 comments:

  1. How was the baby shower? How exciting! I love that you are feeling more and more at peace as the days grow closer to meeting your precious Joseph. What a great blessing from the Lord! The peace and gratitude just radiates off of your blog. I have been enjoying watching, well I guess reading about your journey during this pregnancy. God Bless you and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JBTC,

    The shower was so nice. I only knew a few people, but it was nice to have an idea at the wonder the mother to be was feeling. I felt like an imposter when people asked me about Joseph and how I was feeling. Imagine that!

    Your words are so kind and made my heart feel lighter. I was not sure if I am able to truly reflect the gratitude that is rolling over in my heart every moment of everyday. I was crying in Mass today. It was an honer to pray for you and few other ladies that are so close to my heart!

    Hope your week is a good one, too! Blessings to you and Mr. B, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going well!! Our cats did great when we brought D. home. Don't worry -- it's amazing how pets accept their new sibling. My DH did bring a blanket home with D's scent on it, though, before D and I got home, so they could get used to it. And we made sure to give the cats lots of love and attention right away, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks vent! I love that all worked out for the cats and D! Gives me great hope that ours will adjust, too! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I think I totally misunderstood your post. I thought it was a baby shower for YOU! I was wondering why you were a bit non-chalant about it. :) Ha, it makes sense now. Thank you for your prayers, I am so blessed by your friendship and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are doing well and good luck with getting Baylie ready. I hope your pediatrician meeting goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how close you are getting!!!! Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't BELIEVE how close you are!!!!!!! Come on baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a joy it was to have you at my baby shower! I can't thank you enough for being there. I hope you know how special that day will always be for me, and your presence made it even more so! I wish more than anything that I could share your shower day with you, but I know that Lily is just not quite ready for the trip yet. I will be there in spirit, my friend! Hoping to see you soon!!! Can't wait to hug your neck again!

    ReplyDelete