Saturday, October 23, 2010

Prayer Warriors

I have to say that I am so thankful for all of your comforting comments and promises of prayers for Joseph and I from the last post. I was almost shaking when I read the warning. I thought and prayed and finally calmed down, no doubt a gift from all of the prayers offered up for us.

I am on the mend - praise God. I also contribute that to all of your prayers. Since the scare, I have only had to take two tylenol, each about 24 hours apart and now the cough is gone (should I say that?) and I have been able to breath much easier. I have been well (no colds, etc) for so long, that I forgot how miserable they really are for everyone. It took a full week for me to recover, that is not saying much for my immune system. Thankfully, baby Joseph stuck it out with me, as well as my poor husband who is so glad I am not coughing anymore.

I had been asking my husband to take me on a "Date Night" for awhile and since we have been so careful with our money, it kept getting pushed further done the wish list. Not that it takes much, but when you are worried constantly about money, you worry about using it needlessly. That all being said, my husband has taken a few days off of work this week to do go deer hunting but he comes home every night and has been taking care of me. Well, last night he suprised me my coming home early - doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, etc and then called to tell me at work that when I got home we would go out to dinner. Yah, "Date Night"! I was so happy.

I still had some sniffles then, but nothing was going to stand in my way of taking full advantage of this suprise. We started off just catching up - laying in bed before getting ready and that alone just made me thankful to share my life with this man. Then we got ready and went to my favorite little restaurant with little, small tables and candles ;) Unfortunately, the place was packed, but we had the best time ever and full enjoyed just being together and the food was so yummy! We did a few other things after that, but for some reason back pain is becoming an issue with me at times. It doesn't happen all the time, but last night after working a full day with lots of bending, filing, sitting at a desk all day and then walking alot, I was uncomfortable.

I am about to head to get ready for my godson's 2nd birthday. I planned to make some spider oreo cookies, but I am a slacker. I off to make them now, wish me luck!

By the way, once again thanks for being such amazing prayers warriors for me, I try to return the favor for you all!

2 comments: