Monday, July 1, 2013

Desire and greed.

We have been fervently praying for another miracle.

A miracle conception.

A miracle pregnancy.

A miracle- a healthy, live birth!

A sibling for Joseph.

We wait.

We hope.

We pray.

All the while I am reminded of the brokenness of my body.

Today we celebrated 13 years of committed, true love - a gift from God above.

Our HIGH point of the day was sitting in the floor with Joseph, playing blocks, tractors, and bulldozers.

This thought came into my mind and I shared it with Jessy- "I just look at him and cannot rid myself of the desire for another as wonderful, pure, and precious as him. Immediately, I said "I can't believe that just came out if my mouth, how greedy I am!"

My husband responded well, reminding me that he is a gift....everyday. He is our miracle. We know he is enough, but his presence beckons my desire for more.

It is not greed at all, just a deep and pure love.

It didn't help my emotional state that I dreamed of having an appointment with a doctor a learned from a nurse that my hcg level was 32000+ .............. sweet dreams.


1 comment:

  1. I agree. That's not greed at all, and it doesn't mean that you aren't appreciating the awesome gift you have. In fact, I think it's because you appreciate him so much that you want another! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete