Saturday, February 2, 2013

February is off to a good start!

After a difficult December and January, we are off to a great start with February! I have been enjoying all the spoiling my husband is heaping on me this weekend ;). We only are responsible for one child for the next 72 hours :))). We basically have the house to ourselves and we are acting like newlyweds :))). This is what my heart needed'
Yesterday, Joseph and I went to the mall (saved a ton of money buying his clothes for spring/ summer and ride cars along with making new toddler friends! We were just blessed with a few acts of random kindness that still surprises me! I love to be pleasantly surprised by strangers being kind!!
We came home, had a fun supper that Jessy prepared and had King Cake as my birthday cake! Joseph tried to sing "happy birthday mommy". It was just a fabulous celebration!
Then we hung out and read "curious George" until we all passed out, that along with the choo-choo books! I was falling asleep reading the train book and Joseph would pat my face and say "more choo-choo mommy!"
I am so glad I read back over my blog post from last year where I complained because there was no cake, no real celebration. This year I gathered it all up myself and Jessy gladly prepared it. Even as I helped him a bit with cooking, he told me that I wasn't supposed tone doing that, I told him "I have changed, I think I am used to being a momma now, get in and get it done, the celebrations are in the everyday moments!" I think my selfishness has been reigned in over the last year and that is so healthy for my soul!
Happy February readers! During this month that celebrates love and the beginning of Lent may we strive to show Jesus to everyone that crosses our path!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that you had such a blessed birthday...gotta enjoy those husband spoiling you moments. I know I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love this post! Happy belated birthday and I am so excited about your awesome shopping trip! I saw your comment on my fb page, but I haven't had a chance to respond. But way to go C!!!!! I always love hearing stuff like this because it inspires me to keep trying to see how many deals I can get. Oh and I love the "celebrations are in the everyday moments!!!" - so true!!! And whoop it up like newlyweds...maybe there might be a nice little birthday present in 9 months! ;)

    ReplyDelete