Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day

VAL2013C

Valentine’s Day’s almost slipped by, but I am so glad I have these sweet pictures to remind me who my lunch date was this Valentine’s Day!

VAL2013B

We had business to deal with in the early morning and in the afternoon, there were appointments to attend, but in-between we made time for lunch and building trucks with play-doh!  I have a 100% full-fledged boy on my hands, it is all about the dirt, the mud puddles, and the TRUCKS & TRACTORS!    I am sure if I ever showed him how to build a tractor with play-doh, we would never put the play-doh away.

Speaking of tractors, his Uncle George found him a John Deere Tractor dvd at a garage sale along time ago and he adores the show.  We have two dvd players in the van (a blessing and a curse) and they are really fancy for an affordable used van and he will generally watch it on our way to or from medical appointments for the older boys.  There are songs and all.  He has begun to sing the “John Deere” song to me and that is what he sang to me for Valentine’s Day.  So funny to see and hear.  One day we were riding to town and he was pointing and yelling “Deer, Deer, Deer”  I tried to look and he was pointing to a yellow and green John Deere tractor.  It sure starts young for them to have a one-track mind.

VAL2013A

Lately Joseph is not so fond of taking pictures.  Well, on second thought, maybe he likes taking pictures he just doesn’t slow down long enough for me to capture that many!  In this one, I put the play-doh container on my head and was pretending to sneeze, he loves that game Smile

 

For Jessy, we exchanged gifts and it was funny because with each passing year it is harder to be creative and fun with gift-giving.  Yet, I was able to find the movie of our first date, Patch Adams, and some Reese’s treats.  All the boys got Reese’s treats and it made their whole day to be surprised.  That alone, made my day!

1 comment: