Sunday, February 24, 2013

Our update

I have been trying to blog for over a week, but I have not been able to finish a post. Life has been extremely busy and overwhelming. Joseph is terrifically two and the older boys have been needing even more direction than usual.
We have decided to have Mitchell enroll at an residential boys ranch that is Christian based and while we have all been at peace about it, outsiders seem to believe we don have his best interest at heart.
We did not make this decision lightly and it was only after much prayer, professional input, and meeting the other boys and staff at the place that we have decided to move forward. It will be hard in everyone, but taking the road of convince and easy do not always get you where you need to be in life.

I keep calling it "moving day" because it feels like I am sending one of my children off to college. I have been all over the place emotionally about it and today's questioning from his paternal side of the family did not help. We have no opposition from his mother and although others want to be critical, none are willing to make the hard choices we are encountering. He really thought we would change our minds, but a change is necessary. He can lie, cheat, and steal so easily and we cannot let him continue this path without fighting for his soul and his future. We can't fight for him, he has to want a better life, but we are trying to give him the tools that he can use to be successful and live a life pleasing to God and his neighbor.
Life has been incredibly hard. The weight of the world is sitting on my shoulders it seems and I am pushing through in hope that God will be the victor in Mitchell, Matthew and Joseph's lives!
I have found that I am gaining so much courage to walk this lonely road by following the example of our Beloved Pope Benedict XVI. His wisdom in saying I can not do the job well in my current state, reminds that there is great giftedness in not being prideful. Please keep us in your prayers!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment