Thursday, December 13, 2012

Other plans . . .


Today started off in the right way, AMTTBAM offered to pray for our intentions in Mexico City before the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe. I asked her to pray for the conversion of MG's heart, Jessy, Joseph, and our family's special intention along with the intentions of my prayer buddy. I was so thankful for this all day. Joseph was still coughing and feeling rotten but we got out to get his medicine, get a few Christmas gifts, and grab him is favorite chicken strips from chic fil a. We also did a bit of grocery shopping for his birthday party and by the time this was all done, it was time to head head home for the bigger boys. Joseph and I got home, unloaded, did a few things and headed back to town because I forgot to go to the church to see the cassock of Blessed John Paul. I was determined to not let anything get in my way of doing something spiritually enriching for myself! Stubborn old me!!
Well, I loaded all the boys in the van and we drove all the way back to town to go visit the church were the cassock was being venerated. Well after wrestling Joseph into a hoodie, we walk in as calmly as possible and see a life size image of Our Lady of Guadalupe and probably a thousand red roses everywhere! It was astonishing! The church was empty except for two other souls, so we just sat at her feet and prayed (to the best of my ability while desperately trying to keep Joseph at a respectable level of quiet). We could not figure out where the cassock of Blessed John Paul was at, I tried to discreetly look, but I told myself it is here in this building and despite the fact that we are here at the right time, we will surely receive the graces of being in its presence! After we said our prayers and I realized there was no keeping Joseph quiet, we made our way to the back of the church where I looked in the bulletin to see where the cassock was supposed to be located but there was mention of it! I was really beside myself at this point! The bishop was celebrating mass at that church in one hour but I couldn't keep Joseph awake that long, I knew so I surrendered and drove all the way home!
Upon getting I the car I realized God had a tremendous purpose for bringing there and He wanted us right where we were, at our Blessed Mother's feet! Jesus knows we all needed some maternal love tonight!
I just really think the beginning of my day and the end of my day were planned by my loving father in Heaven! So I will always remember that the feast of our lady of Guadalupe is always a day of tremendous spiritual enlightenment for me. I remember just kneeling in prayer trying to collect my thoughts and the only thing I remember begging God for was Him to sanctify these three boys! I never use that word and so I felt like I was really not praying authentically despite the huge effort I made to make it to church! Yet I realized the Holy Spirit was speaking those words for me and when I looked up the meaning of that word I realized that was my plea.

------
This is just now getting posted but was drafted on 12/12/12.

December and January have been very difficult months for our family due to some issues that needs a miracle. I miss blogging and need to update my Christmas pats for memory sake!
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment