Thursday, December 6, 2012

Feast of Saint Nicholas

 

DSCN5511

Well, Saint Nicholas sure did spoil some boys from down south today & it completely made their day!  A few gold coins in each shoe, along with a Million dollar candy bar, was enough to put some silly grins on these boys faces early this morning!

DSCN5519

Joseph was so fast that I could barely capture any pictures of him, but here are a few of my favorites from this morning that are special to me!

DSCN5515

He looks like a 4 year old!  He will only be 2 in 9 days!!  Already over 3 feet tall!

DSCN5516

Can you see the determination here?

PURE JOY!!!!!!DSCN5517]

So glad we had a great morning because today was the day he had his follow-up appointment with his awesome ENT, Dr. Williams.  Joseph is not a big fan of his, but I sure am glad that my boy has been so much healthier since his surgery in May!  It turns out his tubes look great and are in good position so we will just follow-up once again in June 2013.  Joseph cried during the exam but he was a champ, really!  I was even able to capture a few pictures with my phone and it shows that we have made great progress in being more peaceful in doctor’s offices.

481654_10200211623512150_1838759443_n[2]

484298_10200211592231368_1909637355_n[1]

We were so quick in the doctor’s office that we were able to run to the Cathedral downtown for Mass!  This was the highlight of my day!  Joseph was quite the character for the crowd, but they were quite forgiving!  I haven’t brought him to daily mass there in over a year, so I have to learn a few more tricks to get him to stay quiet.

I think he may have been overstimulated because our home parish is very simple and not as much fun (with echos, haha)!

It was an honor to pray for my Prayer Buddy, my family, and receive Jesus in the Eucharist on the Feast of St. Nicholas, to whom we named our sweet Nicky after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment