Thursday, June 21, 2012

Three whole hours!

Well, I was able to get my aunt to watch Joseph while I went to the dentist today, what a huge blessing! They came to the appointment with me and hung out around the van, walked around, read books, explored the lobby, and so much more. I sat for three solid hours in a little chair watching HGT.V with headphones while keeping my mouth wide open. It was really nuts, it was like a party for my mouth and I was a total basketcase before it because all I ever heard were horror stories of root canals. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't enjoying it, but the pain was much milder than I feared. Even at the dentist office, St. Therese ministered to my soul. There were roses right up on the front desk and then right before I got to my room, there was a gorgeous bouquet of roses. Why should I be suprised, St. Therese always looks out for me! This was the best dentist office I have ever been too, the presence of the team was phenomenal. Praying that the pain doesn't get worse, right now it is managable with Advil.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling okay today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The build up is usually worse than whatever it is you're anticipating. That seems especially true in dentristry. I had my first scaling and planing periodontist appointment earlier this week. I worked myself up to expect to worst. What I got was something that was considerably less uncomfortable than my regular dental appointments. Kudos to the good outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! You made it! God is good to comfort you with signs. Glad it's over for you!

    ReplyDelete