Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blogger Meet-Up!

 

When we were first making our plans for our recent trip, I thought that we might be near one of my favorite friends in this blogging community & it turned out that she was not that far from the route we were taking home so the plans to meet began to take shape.  I say take shape, we were just flying by the seat of our pants on the trip home but our sweet Sew, ever the gracious hostess, invited us into her home, prepared a delicious meal for us, and let us hang out and play!  We were exhausted and my brain was fried so it seems I kept losing my train of thought.

I remember leaving thinking the cross of infertility brought us together back in 2008 when we both started blogs and here we were trying to visit over the roar of our very busy toddlers!  It just seems that life turned out so different than we were experiencing when we first connected over the blogs so many years ago.  Praise the Lord!

Joseph was just beside himself playing with Hannah!  Hannah was such a good sport in sharing her toys and playing with him, but she did draw the line when he tried to kiss her Winking smile 

It was a joy to watch these two children (who are Baptism Buddies) play together!  Joseph is not around a lot of children his age and at first he would try to nearly move Hannah off her horse so he could ride, but somehow before we left he finally learned that he had to wait until she was OFF before trying to get on!  Then when sweet Hannah cried over something, he would just bend, squat down so he could be on her eye level and look at her trying to figure out how to help her.  Sweet kids!!  I was really surprised by his skills of empathy.  I think that is when he tried to kiss her!  Oh, and he was fascinated by her pigtails!!! 

DSCN4483

While chasing around this little ones, there was not much time to really have deep conversations but what I really wanted to share with Sew is that we are so thankful for her friendship, prayers, and encouragement!  Our family has been very blessed by her spirit of generosity!  She was my Prayer Buddy for Lent 2010 and we know that her offerings of her surgery and prayers helped us storm heaven for our little boy!  She was the first one to see and know about that positive test on April 15, 2010!  She has also been a source of inspiration in caring for the two older boys in the way that she always reminds me that our ‘Yes’ to them is our way of being pro-life every day! 

I loved being able spend time with Sew, Hannah, and be in the presence of sweet Bridgette.  Jessy loved their company too!  I told him before we got there his job was to fall in love with Hannah and become determined to help us have a little girl of our own!  Haha!  He laughed about that on the way, but she stole his heart too!

4 comments:

  1. So jealous that you got to meet Sew and sweet Hannah! What fun you must have had. Did she make you eat her weirdo food? lol j/k ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that you met Sew and Hannah!!! Love blogger meet-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Two of my favorite ladies and two of my favorite kiddos!

    ReplyDelete