Friday, May 13, 2011

50 First Things

Tonight was the first time for Joseph to have some sweet potatoes. He ate about 3 baby spoonfuls and he ate it up. He has been eating cereal for about 10 days and he likes the transition to new food choices. I was really unsure about starting it this early, but his doctor reassured me that he was ready. Sigh.

I have been enjoying my days with him so much, he is getting more fun everyday and I am loving seeing his personality develop. However, today was quite dramatic. We got a random check in the mail from overpaying a bill earlier this year so I was able to schedule a haircut and highlight. I asked my aunt to join me to help occupy Joseph. Last time I went for a cut, he did well. Well, he threw a fit. Huge fit for her and I was all foiled up and stinky with junk. It was all for vanity (a little for practicality). We survived. He fell right asleep as soon as we put him in his carseat to leave. It was nuts. He slept for two hours after that.

Thankfully, despite holding him while my hair was cut, it turned out really good and I am happy about it. I cut off probably at least six inches or more. I was trying to get rid of some gray (I am really gray these days). I usually embrace it, but when I was wearing a ponytail (for the last five months) it showed up so clearly. I do love my do, but I am still getting used to my reflection. My husband loved it. Joseph was grabbing big chunks of it and now I hope he can't quite get to big of a handful.

1 comment:

  1. I got my first hair cut since Lily was born recently. (She did not go with me!) It felt so good to lose about 8 inches of hair that was way too long! You know it will soon be too hot for long hair! I was sporting a ponytail every single day, too. Still need to get my gray covered. :(
    I find that she really likes my hair being shorter. She plays with it now -- I guess she never really could before since it was pulled back. It's sweet!

    ReplyDelete