Tuesday, February 8, 2011

JOY

It has been so long since I posted. Life has been unbelievable busy, but really good.

Since my last post, I was able to celebrate my birthday in grand style - changing poopy diapers, getting peed on by one cute boy, and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED every single minute of it.

I am loving cuddling with my little guy and am having to discipline myself in putting him down more during the day so I can teach him to sleep on his own a bit. Today, he did great! I did a happy dance the second time he did so well and after I cleaned the kitchen . . . I ran to take a nap too!!!

Speaking of Joseph's sleeping habits, he has been sleeping so good at night! For three nights in a row, he slept for 6 hours. I would feed him and he would sleep another 2-3 hours before waking for the day. He takes short naps and wakes up happy. I love the first stretch when I pull off his swaddle blanket. He is so darn cute!

He is still a bit fussy, but I am working on that by trying to be quick to have things ready for him. He KNOWS that after that diaper change, it is time to eat and you don't have much time before the tears start rolling if that meal is not ready.

I am struggling trying to figure out what to do next about fertility monitoring. I need to chart. I need to find a teacher to walk me through this process. I know that we need to wait before trying again for so many reasons. One day at a time. I need to know how to care for my body well in the meantime.

The only downfall is that daily I feel like I could do things so much better, balancing life better and caring for Joseph better. My husband thinks that I am doing fine, but I am a little harsh on myself.

In other great news, we had a fabulous weekend. On Saturday, we went to a friend's marriage blessing and reception. We stayed for hours there and Joseph did well! He was loved on by so many adorers! I got to visit and loved watching Joseph bring joy to so many. On Sunday, we slept in too late and missed mass at our church so we went to mass at the church I grew up in and it was amazing. Joseph slept throughout mass. I love holding him as I receive communion. Such joy. My heart swells watching him receive his blessing. We then went to Targe.t and W.almart and we have learned that Jospeh is ALLERGIC to Targe.t and W.almart, but apparently he loves mass! I can't complain, I suppose.

I got joy, joy, joy down in my heart . . . down in my heart to stay! Praise God!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah...the nap, the sleeping, the lovin' each other to the hilt! You are amazing! And, so is Joseph!

    Keep the updates a'comin...I love how happy you sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HURRAH!!!! I'm trying to learn how to be more gentle with myself also. I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to see the joy you have!

    ReplyDelete