Thursday, November 11, 2010

My life these days

has been a whirlwind. My house is being neglected and I will be spending the weekend trying to catch up.

Everyday is busy from dawn to dusk, not exactly what I envisioned to be facing right now.

There is just too much going on and I really have to pace myself so that my emotions don't get the best of me - stress will not be my friend at this time in my life and the extra effort to remain calm will pay off.

My little part time job has been nuts for the last month or so. Not terrible, but we have been desperately understaffed because the one who did the same kind of work I do for the company quit/got let go all of the sudden. The other ladies there are so pleasant and helpful, but they are overworked a bit too so I try really hard to not be too needy. I could be more tired simply because of this growing miracle, too. They try really hard not to let the filing back up because they can see bending down to all the bottom file cabinets are tough for me at this stage. I only have a few work days left since I only work three days a week and am planning to stop working around the first week of Decemeber.

I actually think that I will miss my job because I am just now really understanding the hardest parts. Plus the ladies are very kind. It has to be the most pleasant staff I have ever worked around. Praise God for a good work environment. It was exactly what I needed to build up my self-confidience again after that very bad experience with my previous employer.

My mom is in a bad state. Really, bad. She is unable to do much for herself other than feed herself at this time. She has been in the hospital since last Monday and will likely be there for another two weeks minimum. She is receiving amazing care from a wonderful team during the day, but she says the night staff leave alot to be desired. I only saw the night staff in action once and she is not really being too hard on them. Most of the people on that unit are not needing the level of care she is needing so I think they are just overwhelmed. We need lots of prayers for her healing and for the staff. When I went to the team meeting with on Tuesday I kept wondering why the doctor looked so familiar and the two days later I realized because his way and personality reminded me of Dr. H. My mom is unable to think clearly and is clearly deflated in spirit. They are keeping her super busy during the day, but she is wanting me to spend a great deal of time there when she is not in session and I just don't have the energy and I feel like a terrible daughter. There is a lot of work to do get her home wheelchair ready, it is all very overwhelming. She is very disappointed about missing the baby shower. What can I do? I have to roll with the punches and do the best that I can to make things work. One really great high point this week was when she was asking Joseph to give her a high five and he KICKED her!!! Praise God, he does not usually move that much when I am around there.

I have not been able to keep up with the blogs, trying to read a bit, but very little commenting if any at all. If I am not at work, I am usually at a doctor's appt, the lab, or the hospital with my mom.

Time to switch gears and get to some really great news!!!!

Joseph is growing and in a great position. Everything with the biophysical profiles are going well and Joseph is measuring to be around 5 lbs 8 oz! I can barely believe that we are getting so close to meeting our little boy. I am so humbled that I am his mom! The fluid was good and his breathing movements and overall movements are what they wanted to see. I am so very thankful. Someone looked at me yesterday - actually the three ladies that I am working with and they said "well, at least you have had an easy pregnancy!" I was blown away by that comment. I guess I must do a good job of keeping my worries to myself, my husband, and you all, my blogger buddies ;)

I got to see his beautiful ribs and strong thighs :) Seriously, I think the ultrasound guy is amazing and he gets so excited to see me because I am just thrilled with everything he teaches me at each visit and loves sharing the new growth of baby Joseph with me!

I do have to say that I am loving all of his movements - he completely lights up my days already and I am so thankful to have him in our lives. My heart is so full of gratitude.

After the last blood draw for progesterone, I was in high zone 1. So they instructed me to start either the v.s. or the oral progesterone in addition to the pio. I am only going to have to have one more blood draw at 35 weeks and then continue the meds to 37 weeks. It is really nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the shots and progesterone meds. Is the only thing to be concerned about at this stage with less than optimal progesterone levels is going into early labor or is there even more serious things to be worried about?


It is a funny place to be emotionally - watching my mom suffer so much and realize that there is very little I can do for her and then being full of utter joy that so many prayers are being answered in this precious baby boy. He is such a motivation for her right now, that I am so grateful that he can inspire his Granny in such a powerful way.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your whole family, especially that Joseph keeps on growing and for your mom's recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you and your mother. You sure have a lot on your plate right now. I really hope things improve very soon and your stress can be replaced with peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, J and Joseph and your mom. I hope your stress is lessens soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat is wonderful that you and the baby are doing well...I'm sure in no time you'll have all of that housework done! Lately, I've been doing very minimal housework..at least I'm staying on top of doing laundry!

    I totally understand about being busy and not being able to spend as much time as you'd like on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you so much lately as you get so close to bringing home your miracle! I'm so sorry about all that your mom is going through right now. I know it must be incredibly stressful for you both. I'm still praying for her health and recovery.

    Oh how I wish I could go to your baby shower! It brings tears to my eyes to imagine how special it will be AND to realize how sad I am to miss it. I still hope to meet up with you guys very soon. We're planning to have our first car trip with Lily in early December... we'll see how that goes! Hopefully we will meet up soon after you guys get settled. Until then, please know I'm thinking of you and praying for you often! I'm getting SO EXCITED!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete