Sunday, December 22, 2013

Nick

Yesterday, I had the rare 1/2 hour drive all to myself and in those moments of silence I was praying. My prayer brought my heart to heaven and in few short moments I was sobbing. My heart was missing my sweet Nicky. I was able to just talk to him, let him know how much I love him and still miss him. It was such a good (hard, nonetheless) time for me and for some reason I felt connected.

Nicky has been on my heart, since the due date would have been 12/26/09, so I guess I am just a bit lonesome.

Tonight, however, my heart was just stunned. I was doing a little interview with Matthew and Joseph while playing play-dough. I asked Joseph lots of questions and it was fun.
What is your favorite toy: truck
What is your favorite snack: apples and carrots (Motts fruit snacks)
Who is your best friend: Nick.

There is no other Nick we know, even Santa Claus is just known as Santa Claus.
This brought my heart joy, wonder, and peace. I know these first few years are full of purity and experiencing God and his graces so differently, now I am just that much more thankful for the mysteries God reveals through Joseph's little soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment