Sunday, December 15, 2013

Birthday Eve


Dear Joseph,
I want to take a few moments to tell you just how much I am enjoying being your Momma! You are a sweet, funny, and bright young boy and I love you so much! Tomorrow we will be celebrating your 3rd birthday!! How did that happen? Time is zooming past us!
You have so so much character and you keep your Daddy-o, Matthew, and I rolling with laughter and when you are not making us laugh, you are trying to convince us how to give you what you want! You have such a strong spirit, I can see how much you can serve God with a strong spirit like that if you choose to follow his will for your life.

You love to talk and make new friends. Also, you love to tell others what to do, it seems to surprise you sometimes that you can't tell others what to do! Some of your favorite phrases are:
1). "That's not a good idea." You say this VERY OFTEN!!! You say it when what your working on doesn't work or when others what to do something different than you want to do.
2). "This is a good idea." You say this ALOT! When you try to convince us to play with a certainty, go a certain direction, or choose a snack, this is your go to phrase!
3). "Oh Momma, it's perfect!"
4) "I get down, I comin'". Anytime we go anywhere, you ate ready to be the left of the party!
5). "Pet her momma. Aww, she is so sweet." Taking about Daisy or Bailey.
6). "I wuv you."
7). "I no like it, Momma!"
8). "Matthew, turn your radio off." We don't even say that, you do that on your own ;). Or you are starting to tell him "turn your light off Matthew." Now this last one to hear from us ;))
9) you recently learned how to give a thumbs up sign when you are happy about something and you always pair the gesture with "good job. I did it!!!" You will often tell us that we did a good job too, and give us a thumbs up!! You are quite the encourager!!
10) "yes, I did it. Tada!!!!" Your "tada" gets so much positive attention.

I wish I could think of more, but it is getting late. Some more tidbits, your favorite show the past few week has been Barney and Scout with Leap Frog. Your favorite foods are blueberry pancakes, pb&j sandwiches, fish filets, chicken nuggets, apples, grapes, any bread, Motts fruit snacks, chips (current favorite is Fritos), ice cream, milk, and water. You also like cookies and you love to help me in the kitchen

I really just cannot believe you are ready to be 3, but I do know that you love your life and you are a homebody! You can count to 19. You do not like to say your abc's but you know shapes and you seem to recognize words. You love letters and numbers. You like to read books and our receipts like you are reading and say "g I g o" over and over again and you love your vowels.
You are still a fan of John Deere and Curious George! I hope you enjoy your party tomorrow, we look forward to celebrating with you!

I love you my big boy, my love bug! You are such a gift to our family! I hope the year ahead is full if love, fun, adventure, hope, and joy!!!

Love,
Momma

P.S. you are working so hard at going to use the bug boy potty! You stayed dry today! You are doing so well and we are so proud of you for working so hard! Big hugs and kisses!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment