Monday, April 15, 2013

28

Joseph is already 28 months old and such a fun little boy. I still can't believe it has been 28 months since I first held him. In the days that go by too fast, I just still thank God for sharing him with us. I trying to branch out a bit more, as he is craving being around others his age, so we registered him for a little Montessori camp (2 1/2 hours a day for a total of 8 days) and while I was initially excited I am nervous now.
He is such a social, fun-loving, talkative, clever boy. His vocabulary is booming, his energy is engaging, and his zest for life is downright charming.
He is y'all for his age, around 38 inches, so when we are out and about people assume he is older. Put him in a room of 4 year olds and he looks just like them although emotionally he is not there yet. He is still very protective of his mommy and needs to be reassured of where I am at all times (one exception is when he is watching curious George with his daddy) so that is why the camp makes me nervous. I think he can eventually enjoy the environment there where I can leave and have some free time, but the anxiety. Oh my!
I want him to flourish and grow but I don't want to rush him either. I plan to do a room mom role for a few days to build up his (and mine) confidence!
Little man of mine, oh, how I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment