Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Same old feelings

Just a reality check and reminder that AF still stinks and cd 1 and cd 2 really do need to reside elsewhere!
They sure know how to ruin a girls day, especially when she dreamed of getting surprised with a blessed 'positive'. What am I thinking anyway? I keep thinking that we should try when I am 38 or 39. Haha, tell God your plans right?
I seriously went to bed last night saying it will be perfectly fine if Joseph is our only living child (I have the two older boys but I am sure they'll be hanging around that much after the move out after school thus making Joseph feel like an only child around 6 years old). I just seriously hate the emotions cd1 sends you, hope today is better!

On a sidenote, I finally got into see the local endocrinologist and their office was welcoming, professional, and it seems they know their stuff about thyroid and insulin. Praise The Lord! I basically told them what my diagnosis would be and because of my history and experience, they believed me, which is rare! When sharing my story of how I found healing for a time that allowed us the miracle if Joseph, they all (the doctor and two nurse practitioners) just said "well whoever this doctor is, he sure knew what he was doing". Could not say it better myself! The reason I sought help from a local endocrinologist was because I could tell my thyroid was completely messed up again and that my pcos symptoms were returning! I was miserable, cold all the time, gaining weight at an alarming pace, and craving carbs all day! That appr was last week and I learned my tsh levels were crazy high, as well as my insulin! Scary stuff.
The doctor explained a new way to approach food and it is remarkable! I changed how I fed my body the next day, started a synthroid, and glucophage (yesterday) and have already seen 5 pounds melt away!! I am so happy about that! The weight I have gained in the last year was overwhelming. After Joseph, the pregnant weight + 15 lbs or so melted off quick, but then about 60 came later and quickly! I hope I can keep getting better, it nice seeing my body responding to my new meds and my new ideas on feeding my body!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. I will pray for you. Who knows what will happen if you get everything in order (meaning your hormones!!)

    I wish metformin would melt away my pounds but it doesn't :( I have to work out really hard and eat lettuce all day :) But it's worth it right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! About your meds and weight loss, not about cd1 of course. I have noticed a huge change in my mood and energy level since getting on thyroid. I hope and pray you can conceive again! What a great big bro Joseph would be :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know AF stinks no matter when it comes. I am dreading its reappearance around here as well. I am glad I read this post today because it reminded me that I needed to ask my dr. about putting me back on metformin and she was fine with that. I am so happy for you that things are getting straightened out and hopefully this will be the LAST AF for a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found such a great dr's office. It is ridiculous how hard it can be sometimes to find a good dr. Sorry about AF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with JBTC, hopefully AF doesn't come back for a LONG time! :) That's great about finding a good doc, and about getting the thyroid under control! I am wondering myself about going back on my T3...I feel like I have been extra moody lately.

    ReplyDelete