Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Mother’s Day gift . . .

 

IMG_5382a

The month of May was just nuts for us and it wasn’t until we were on ‘vacation’ that I actually had the mental capacity to talk about what I really wanted most for a gift.  My husband kept referring to traditional gifts but none of them got me excited about celebrating the gift of motherhood like what I really wanted to ask for from him.  Finally I did tell him what I really wanted was a chance to capture some pictures of Joseph and I that I would love to look at for the rest of my journey as his Mama!  I wanted these pictures to capture our relationship, our love, and our goofiness!  I did not just come up with this idea all on my own, I kept seeing ads for these kinds of sessions around mother’s day but we were dealing with Joseph’s ear surgery and he just took lots of time to get fully well!

So when Jessy heard this, he said we need to do it soon!  So when we got home from TN, I got in touch with Cindy, a local photographer, and asked about their old Mother’s Day specials and she gave us a HUGE discount!  So there was no guilt about spending lots of money and we just had a blast chasing this worm around the big park! 

Speaking of saving money, I had bought his shirt in TN on sale at the outlet stores but had nothing to match.  So I had some bonus money on our Sears/K-Mart card and got the shirt I am wearing completely free!  I love ‘free’!

IMG_5403

Trying to keep Joseph out of the swamp was no easy feat!

IMG_5515

I just adore this picture, I love my husband’s huge, happy grin!  I love how Joseph is eyeing his next adventure!!!

IMG_9891

Our happy, silly boy!

IMG_9894

This is one of my favorite pictures of just the two of us!  I love how they captured the true beauty of his blue eyes!  Joseph you make this Momma so happy!

IMG_9905

Joseph on a boat in the swamp, so many adventures!

IMG_9906

Love, love, love!

 

IMG_5500

Happy boy!

IMG_5477

Showing off his big teeth!

IMG_9916

My favorite family picture so far!  He is all boy!  I love how he is holding on to his new find (the big stick)!  This is the only way we were able to keep him contained, so much adventure was calling his name!  I love that we were able to capture these great memories at a place that is already so dear to our hearts.  It was on September 4, 1999 (nearly 13 years ago) that Jessy brought me there to go walking on the trails and asked me to marry him!!!  I always, always knew I made the right choice that day, my heart loves him so much and I am so thankful that God has allowed us to love so much more as we grow in love with this precious boy!

5 comments:

  1. These pics are awesome! And you look just beautiful! Of course the boys look great too, but you especially look fabulous. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! So beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics are precious! That was a good idea and gift...helping you to preserve those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures, and I think that's such a perfect Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete