Friday, May 3, 2013

Update on Mitchell


Mitchell is doing well. He us showing much progress in his studies, his faith, and his priorities in regard to mature behavior. I am both stunned and happy. In hindsight, we were surprised that even though they label themselves "non-denominational" they are clearly Pentecostal. I was fine with that, worried about him adjusting to the limits, but never prepared for him to tell me he is enjoying their faith and wanting to be baptized in their upcoming church service. Blow me away, and call me done. I could not sleep for two nights. After much prayer, discernment, and seeking wise counsel we decided to "Let go, let God" so that the Holy Spirit could do the work that God desired. I did ask about what exactly he desires for the outcome, what it means to him, and this will change his life in his own words. I was satisfied when he told me he "feels closer to God worshipping God in the way he us exposed to it now" and "that he realized he needs God in his life, because he can't do it all by himself; he tried doing it by himself for years and he was not making it on his own". All of that being said, he was interviewed by the Louisiana Dept of Ag and Forestry and there was an article about him in a state paper. He was very proud if this. I hope God led us to make the right decision to help him by getting him to this Ranch/ private school.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear he's doing well! As much as I love to people stay with the Catholic faith, I would far rather have them do whatever it takes to grow closer to God. I'm glad that he has found a way to worship that he connects with God.

    ReplyDelete