Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tough, necessary lessons

I have finally realized that a big part of my stress comes from having three kids in seven months and acknowledging all three of them depend fully of Jessy and I! Parenting is all I ever dreamed of and now that I am in the midst of raising two teenagers and one incredibly spirited toddler I realize that I was cleverly naive to think that it wouldn't be THIS hard!! It is not bad or anything I would trade, it is just hard!
The secret "hard" thing I am speaking of is the reality that for truly great kids to come from truly imperfect parents is that 90% of the discipline has to start with you first, the other 10% is actually disciplining them!
In reading the secrets of the baby whisper for toddlers and learning the total transformation I have learned that I have to be "on" all the time and be consistent, and not laugh when it is just so darn funny because by the 5th time it will not be funny anymore!
I love these three boys so it is worth the sacrifice!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. So true!! The hard part is disciplining ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! DH and I need to work on that 90%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consistency and follow through...I know it, but it's so hard to do :) And I couldn't agree more - some days parenting is harder than I could have ever imagined. Keeps us dependent on the Lord, right? Thanks for good words!

    ReplyDelete