Saturday, October 6, 2012

Our Learning Fun

 

 

 

Joseph is a go-getter, nothing is going to stop me boy!  He and I (sometimes his Daddy, too) had many battles about his constant pulling our dining room chairs up to the cabinet and sink because he wanted to do what I was doing.  The desire to participate was no the issue, safety was the issue!  When he got out that chair, I was distracted taking care of him and the dishes would take longer or the food would cook without my rotating it or some other crazy kitchen issue!  Since he was not letting up and I was not letting him get his way with the chair unless I made time just to watch him in it, there were lots of tears!

I remembered a friend on the blogs mentioning a learning tower and so I began a mission to find one.  I called all the thrift stores in the 90 mile area, no luck.  Tried craigslis.t, nothing.  I found a plan and had a great carpenter, but we never got the materials fast enough so finally Jessy said just order one online.  I found a awesome deal, coupon, and free shipping and ordered it on Saturday and it arrived at 11am on Tuesday!  I was thrilled!  As with all fun projects, we decided to let Joseph help us out with putting it together!  I love these pictures, they are here for our memories only!  I love how it is the simple things, like pushing the cordless screwdriver that gives our little munchkin a thrill!  He is all boy and loves power tools, frogs, dirt, and his Momma!  I am so blessed!

DSCN4926

He had the orange bag with the extra screws and he held onto that bad throughout the project!

DSCN4931

“I help, Dada”

DSCN4932

Look who is rocking and rolling now!

DSCN4933

DSCN4936

“Hey Dad, look, my keys fit in the screw hole!! – I don’t need the screwdriver Smile

DSCN4939

“TaDa”

DSCN4940

I just LOVE this view!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures ~ and a wonderful solution to the challenge of a 'helpful' toddler!!

    ReplyDelete