Friday, March 16, 2012

15 months on the 15 of March ‘12

 

Joseph turned 15 months today & I wanted to make a big deal about it, something to celebrate the number 15, but the closest we got to celebrating was going to the park and making a new friend! 

 

DSCN4086

DSCN4083

Poor Joseph, he has two molars that are nearly cut, but his teeth take so long coming in and it makes him feel rotten.  We always have happy mornings, but scarcely survive the afternoons.

Some big things that are going on in his development is that he is basically running nonstop these days, he loves to copy whatever you do.  Tonight I was gurgling with warm salt water and he just thought that was fabulous, especially when I spit it out.  He giggled in that perfect way that just heals the soul. 

He loves little kids, loves them so much.  Today when we got to the park there was a 3 year old little boy and he just runs up to him and hugs him.  I am concerned about his strong ways of just reaching out and grabbing others.  He just thinks that he can love on all of them.  Even today he was looking at fac.ebook with me and saw his friend, Lily, and called her name after I told him her name. 

Speaking of his language development, it seems that talks all the time and every once in awhile he just comes out with a good, clear word or phrase.  Two nights ago he said “What’s up"?”  and we are working on learning body parts, but randomly he lets me know it is sinking in, but he DOES NOT do it on command.  Oh, my strong willed child.  He is also just letting me know that all along he knew what all that sign language was I was using with him because he is now using the sign for ‘more’, “eat”, and “all done.’

He is also very, very attached to the big boys & gets excited when he hears or sees their bus coming home.  Even yesterday while we were at the park, he saw the bus turn onto our road and started calling out for them.  Somehow, God wanted us to have these three boys growing together in our home and only He knows how the story will go from here on out.

DSCN4089

 

DSCN4090

DSCN4092

3 comments:

  1. The park sounds like a great way to celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, he is getting so big and so handsome...no longer looking like a baby, but more like a little boy! I think that is great that he is so outgoing and friendly, I can see him being a great friend to others when he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily loves looking at Joseph's pictures too! :) Happy 15 months, sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete