Thursday, September 1, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Nearly three months ago we celebrated my husband's first Father's Day with Joseph.

It was a dream come true to celebrate my husband's vocation to fatherhood.

There are no real words to describe the emotions as I watched my husband experience that day. Really, everyday, since he has met and held his son close to his heart.

I have never really experienced seeing 'fatherhood' lived out joyfully, with purpose, and with a humbled heart. My husband teaches me everyday what the love of our Father in Heaven is like in the flesh. Joseph is so blessed to have his Daddy's arms to wrap him up close every night. Joseph is blessed indeed to have a praying father, too. When I first met Jessy, I knew in my gut that he would be a wonderful dad and even though the road has been rocky to making that dream a reality, we would not take away our suffering if given the opportunity. The waiting has made the days with Joseph that much sweeter.

Jessy is there to love, hold, cherish, guide, and pray for our son. Now, to me, that is the essence of true fatherhood.

There is great joy in celebrating life, even those not in this world anymore. There is great joy in seeing your two loves together.

Strong hands to hold, a soft heart to guide.



A strong man with gentle ways, I know Joseph will always admire his father.

The adoration is mutual, as you can see.

A dream come true, a prayer answered, a life loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment