Monday, March 24, 2014

A whole new beginning

Yesterday afternoon, we spent hours on the little stretch of blacktop. It was the perfect way to spend a nice spring day and wear my big out! I underestimated how much he would love to ride and his determination to make his little hand me down bike work! I also underestimated how grown up he would look rolling down the road as he pedaled so fast!


We easily spent 2 hours rolling up and down our street and he loved the freedom!


He is so proud!


At one point he fell down and had a bit of blood on his finger and I offered to bring him in and clean it up but he said "no thanks, I ride my bike!"


Sometimes the pedals would stick on him and he had to work super hard to get the bike going again and when he did he would exclaim "I going..... I going"


We even met some new neighbors and they took us in the woods and showed up the swamp and all on their 50 plus acre land. This was of course, after DaddyO joined us.


Funnest day ever ;))











At one point he was EXHAUSTED! So he and I took turns pushing his bike back to our driveway.



We made it back home before DaddyO because he was chatting with a neighbor. When he did start to make his way home I asked Joseph if he would like to go meet DaddyO and immediately he was off like a rocket!






I just loved watching his excitement in running to meet his DaddyO! When he got to him (after running as fast as he could the whole time) he said "whew, DaddyO. I am tired....." I could only imagine that is how we run to Jesus! Not gonna slow down, we just want him!








Note: we were extremely careful with traffic and surprisingly there was no cars passing the entire time we were out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment