Monday, November 18, 2013

Our day in pictures

 

I keep wanting to write a post on all the craziness you will endure to avoid more screen time.  Joseph was not interested in tv for the longest time and then came Curious George and he was hooked.  Later he discovered Clifford and Daniel Tiger.  Fortunately these three are clearly good moral choices these days.  Yet, in the effort to avoid the screen, my house will become an experiment lab of sorts because I will try nearly everything to keep this child engaged.  Here is just a few of the pictures he and I took today while filling those hours!  He is getting to be so imaginative and his sense of humor cracks me up. 

DSCN6939 (2)

Silly goose, he loves looking at this picture and telling me “I closed my eyes.”

DSCN6920

Gotta love this sweet boy.  The other day he wanted to watch his Potty Train video with Baby Signs.  He watches it and then sits in the bathroom for an hour.  Anyway, I would not allow him to watch it because I needed him to take a nap.  I just kept staying stubborn saying “When you wake up from your nap, it will be time for the Potty Train show.”  After about 40 minutes of this, he laid down, closed his eyes and then told me “I took a nap, now I am up!!!  I watch potty train.”  Good try.

A few minutes later he snuggled close, listened to me read “Corduroy” and then fell asleep for 3 hours.  First thing when he woke up he whispered “I watch potty train.”  hahaha!!  I smiled and said yes.  He then looked at me and said “I did it!  I take a nap!!”

DSCN6921

Not the best picture in the world, but this are the moments I want to remember, barefoot camo pj boy with sweet blue eyes whose best part of the day is just staying home with Momma!

DSCN6922DSCN6924

DSCN6926

This picture above just might be why he is so rotten Winking smile

DSCN6927DSCN6928DSCN6930DSCN6931DSCN6933

“TA –D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

DSCN6934

DSCN6935

He wanted this picture so much and totally posed for it!  He sure loves his Daisy Mae.

DSCN6939

This picture shows how old I feel.  I really am thankful for the smiles we share during our days together!

DSCN6945

It was one of those new experiences, giving Joseph the chance to help cook the red beans and sausage.  He was super excited and so proud of himself.  He even told Daddy tonight that he liked helping Momma cook supper.

DSCN6946DSCN6947DSCN6948

For the record, he is having a very difficult following certain instructions so this experiment was short-lived but it gave him so much joy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment