Monday, February 27, 2012

Where I am . . .

I have been having some pretty great days lately, even though they are still so full of 'doing' that I just can't seem to have two free hands to write a blog post. Yet the last 36 hours a bad attitude has taken residence in my heart and I am just plain disappointed in some things. I sometimes wonder why I am making something out of nothing. Then I realize it is not nothing, not to me at least. I am living in a home of a very typical male as my husband who can be very caring, but not always aware of the consequences of his decisions on the every day routine of my normal life, two very typical teenage boys (no other adjectives would do this justice), and a very needy, trying to get two new teeth cranky little guy who gets weary of just me for all of his waking hours. Seriously, I need to get over myself! Yet, after doing 5 loads of laundry, shuffling teens to tutoring, baseball, and other places, making sure the house is tidy (clead, who am I kidding) and that all the mouths are fed . . . and putting a very sweet, not feeling so great little boy to bed - I am blogging because it is my only escape these days. After resuming my journal writing the other day, I felt great, whole, and blessed. I will continue to do that, and know that God is in all of this - the crumbs, the dirty toilet, the rolling wheels of my van. Oh and it is cd 6. Maybe there is a connection there, lol.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your honesty! Even in the "drudgery", you so clearly show us that life is a gift, and to treasure the moments. You are a wonderful lady and an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of us have days like you're having! How wonderful that through it all you can still find the blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sometimes we have to have days like that to make the other ones seem even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the good days and the bad days can certainly come and go so quickly. You have a great perspective, friend! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not imagine having to raise teenage boys. I haven't even grown up as a parent yet...Who am I kidding, I act younger then my 15 month old most days. I couldn't imagine having to actually act like a grown up because teenagers are watching....GASP!

    You have a lot on your shoulders. 5 loads of laundry? You are joking, right? Work it, Momma! You are doing a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete