Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Our struggle

Joseph's transition to life outside of our home in to a school setting has proven very difficult and in our desperation we have been seeking support.  He no longer goes to the local school because of concerns there, he is likely going to discontinue his current preschool/daycare (1/2 days a few days a week) because of concerns, and we have sought out help from multiple sources.  We have a OT that sees Joseph weekly, but that is proving to be a slow process, but thankfully he ADORES her.

My mother's heart is in such pain and I am just giving that pain to Jesus.  It just seems that my very sweet boy is struggling so much and when he acts out lately, I am not always quick to recognize that and instead mirror his anger and frustration.  I need help, we all do, to help him find success.  I love my boy with my whole heart.  His Daddy is bringing him to school this morning and I am on my way out the door.

His meltdowns and sometimes aggressive behavior when he feels a lack of control over his own body and environment have been somewhat present since February and while we thought we were getting to the root of the problem, we are just discovering it.  We can calm him down, but the process is laborious, sad, and sometimes the damage is done already.  Our family needs prayers and miracles.  God has already answered so many of our prayers and I know that this one will also be answered.

God is GOOD!  All the time.

Saint Louis & Saint Zelie Martin, please pray for Jessy and I as we love our boy always and find and be the support he needs!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment